Welcome to frackaware.com, the website of the Fermanagh Fracking Awareness Network. We are a rapidly expanding network of people seeking to find out and share information about shale gas extraction using hydraulic fracturing (‘fracking’). We want to know about what is happening and likely to happen in Fermanagh and about how it may affect our lives and those of our neighbours, friends and children. FFAN is a cross community network of individual Fermanagh residents. It is not affiliated to any political party or other organisation but works with a broad range of groups and individuals who are concerned about the risks of hydraulic fracturing.
County Fermanagh as an inclusive, progressive and vibrant county where its people and resources are respected, regenerated and sustainably managed and developed and, where communities are healthy and prosperous, a great place to bring up families in a clean and unspoilt environment. We want this vision to be sustainable for the generations that follow.
- FFAN is a cross-community network of individual Fermanagh residents. It is not affiliated to any political party or other organisation but works with a broad range of groups and individuals who are concerned about the risks associated with unconventional oil and gas extraction using high volume hydraulic fracking.
- FFAN is a single issue group
- FFAN will seek to inform and engage with communities, individuals, organisations and politicians in a manner which will be respectful and challenging
- FFAN is committed to an ethos which is non-confrontational/non-intimidating/non-violent
The Aims of the Fermanagh Fracking Awareness Network are to:
- Raise awareness of the potential impacts and risks associated with unconventional oil and gas extraction using high volume hydraulic fracking exploration and extraction in Fermanagh and wider areas, and undertake advocacy and research work in response to emerging needs;
- Encourage the safeguarding and sustainability of public health, agriculture, tourism, waterways and the natural environment.
- Help establish and support the development and empowerment of local affiliated groups, and liaise with appropriate national and international networks.