Welcome to the Fermanagh Fracking Awareness Network (FFAN).
FFAN is a rapidly expanding network of people who aim to raise awareness of the risks of unconventional Shale Gas Extraction, in regards to how it may affect our lives and those of our neighbours, friends and children, today, and for generations to come.
We serve the community by providing scientific, evidence based information.
FFAN is a cross community network of individual Fermanagh residents. It is not affiliated to any political party or other organisation but works with a broad range of groups and individuals who are concerned about the risks of hydraulic fracturing, both domestic and international.
County Fermanagh as an inclusive, progressive and vibrant county where its people and resources are respected, regenerated and sustainably managed and developed and where communities are healthy and prosperous, a great place to bring up families in a clean and unspoilt environment. We want this vision to be sustainable for the generations that follow.
The Aims of the Fermanagh Fracking Awareness Network are to:
- Raise awareness of the risks associated with unconventional oil and gas exploration and extraction using high volume hydraulic fracking in Fermanagh and wider areas, and undertake advocacy and research work in response to emerging needs;
- Encourage the safeguarding and sustainability of public health, agriculture, tourism, waterways, sustainable energy resources and the natural environment.
- Help establish and support the development and empowerment of local affiliated groups, and liaise with appropriate national and international networks.
- FFAN is a cross-community network of individual Fermanagh residents. It is not affiliated to any political party or other organisation but works with a broad range of groups and individuals who are concerned about the risks associated with unconventional oil and gas extraction using high volume hydraulic fracking.
- FFAN is a single issue group
- FFAN will seek to inform and engage with communities, individuals, organisations and politicians in a manner which will be respectful and challenging
- FFAN is committed to an ethos which is non-confrontational/non-intimidating/non-violent.
FFAN General Data Protection Regulation [GDPR] Policy. May 2018.
Fermanagh Fracking Awareness Network [FFAN] is compliant with the GDPR that came into effect on 25 May 2018. GDPR governs how organisations manage the personal details/data that they hold on individuals, and why FFAN holds such details.
Usual data held by FFAN will be a maximum of:
Title [Mr, Mrs, Miss, Ms or other]
First name & Surname
Postal Address & phone number [landline and/or mobile].
Purpose of data:
To ensure an effective system for communication with FFAN members and others (supporters, FODC councillors & civil servants, local & national politicians, journalists and other relevant individuals & organisations) to allow and assist with FFANs Visions, Aims & Values.
The information will be held by the FFAN Secretary or other delegated FFAN committee members.
All information/contact details held by FFAN will be made available to the individual to which it relates when requested, and will be amended or deleted when the individual so requests. This can be done by emailing the secretary of FFAN with details of any amendments or emailing to the FFAN Secretary the words ‘Unsubscribe me’.
The information will be used solely for the purpose of circulating information about FFAN business and associated information including events organised by others.
FFAN contact data will be held on password protected systems.
3 thoughts on “About Us”
This is brilliant. Its really easy to navigate and well presented. I will e-mail a link to my friends who are not Facebook.
Thanks to those who have put so much work into this.
can anyone tell me how the fdc meeting went.