Tamboran have taken out an injunction covering activities at the Acheson & Glover quarry near Belcoo. Fermanagh Fracking Awareness Network is named in this injunction and therefore committee members and you as members of FFAN need to be aware of the consequences of any breach of the injunction. The injunction states that we are not to enter the quarry site, obstruct works, or interfere with the people carrying out works on behalf of Tamboran.
Members of FFAN are reminded of our Vision, Aims, and Values and if these are followed we are less likely to have a problem with the injunction.
It is also important to follow any other codes of conduct that may be in operation at gathering/vigils etc.
FFAN is a cross community network of individual Fermanagh residents. It is not affiliated to any political party or other organisation but works with a broad range of groups and individuals who are concerned about the risks of hydraulic fracturing, both domestic and international.
County Fermanagh as an inclusive, progressive and vibrant county where its people and resources are respected, regenerated and sustainably managed and developed and where communities are healthy and prosperous, a great place to bring up families in a clean and unspoilt environment. We want this vision to be sustainable for the generations that follow.
The Aims of the Fermanagh Fracking Awareness Network are to:
1. Raise awareness of the risks associated with unconventional oil and gas exploration and extraction using high volume hydraulic fracking in Fermanagh and wider areas, and undertake advocacy and research work in response to emerging needs;
2. Encourage the safeguarding and sustainability of public health, agriculture, tourism, waterways, sustainable energy resources and the natural environment.
3. Help establish and support the development and empowerment of local affiliated groups, and liaise with appropriate national and international networks.
1. FFAN is a cross-community network of individual Fermanagh residents. It is not affiliated to any political party or other organisation but works with a broad range of groups and individuals who are concerned about the risks associated with unconventional oil and gas extraction using high volume hydraulic fracking.
2. FFAN is a single issue group
3. FFAN will seek to inform and engage with communities, individuals, organisations and politicians in a manner which will be respectful and challenging
4. FFAN is committed to an ethos which is non-confrontational/non-intimidating/non-violent